Trans Authors I Want To Try | Happy Trans Visibility Day!

 Hello there! Happy Trans Visibility Day!



After the recent events in Arkansas, I wanted to make a post making it clear: this blog is a safe place for trans folx. Trans rights are human rights, full stop. If you are trans and reading this, you are loved. I love you and I want you to be happy! Whatever that means, I hope it comes to you.

I got the idea for this blog post from Theresa of Sappho's Library (go watch her video recommending books by trans authors!). I thought I'd take the time on this day to make a post about all the trans authors I would like to try. While I have read books by trans authors, I think I need to make it more of a priority to read trans authors. Here are the authors I'd like to try sometime soon.


Aiden Thomas


I have a copy of Cemetery Boys sitting on my bedside table and I still haven't read it yet! He also just came out with Lost in the Never Woods which sounds interesting although I've never been one for Peter Pan retellings. Except for Hook, that movie is gold.

Mason Deaver


They wrote the book I Wish You All the Best about a nonbinary teen and another group that is underrepresented in my reading is trans nonbinary characters. I'm hoping to get to it soon (hopefully Transathon is happening soon!).

Rivers Solomon


I've heard amazing things about their books An Unkindness of Magicians and The Deep. They also are coming out with Sorrowland soon. I think the book I'm most excited to read is The Deep, which is about mermaid creatures descended from slaves thrown overboard during the Transatlantic Slave Trade and the character that is in charge of keeping all of the memories and generational pain of their ancestors.

Sarah Gailey


I think I own two books by them - Upright Women Wanted and Magic for Liars. I just have this feeling that I'm going to love their books. I know for sure that I'm going to pick up their latest, The Echo Wife. A woman and her clone cleaning up the dead body of their(?) husband? Yes, please.

Akwaeke Emezi


I've been meaning to read an Akwaeke Emezi book for so long. I've had Freshwater on my TBR for literal years. But their book Pet calls to me! It sounds so interesting. A creature that comes out of a painting to hunt monsters! I can't wait.

Yoon Ha Lee


I own the entire Machineries of Empire series on Kindle and while I will probably love it, I'm more excited for Dragon Pearl. I love non-Western mythology and sci-fi mixed together.

Neon Yang


Neon Yang wrote the Tensorate series, of which I own the first book. The covers are so gorgeous and I hope the contents are as gorgeous as them. 

Anna-Marie McLemore


Another author that I've had on my TBR for YEARS. Thankfully someone gifted me their book Dark and Deepest Red so I can get to rectifying that sooner rather than later.

Kacen Callender


I won a giveaway for a book and chose Felix Ever After. I've read a couple chapters and it is excellent so far. I can't wait to continue.

This isn't an exhaustive list but this is a list of authors I currently have on my TBR. Maybe you've found some authors you haven't heard before and that's great! Let's support trans authors together!

x Sasha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shardathon Round 3 TBR

Honey Girl by Morgan Rogers | Book Review

🎥 Filmathon TBR